Web hosting services are the foundation on which all websites are built. No matter whether you're Google, a medium-sized business or a local taxi firm, if you want an online presence then you're going to need web hosting of some kind - and that's where this guide comes in handy.
As well as explaining what website hosting actually is and the steps you should take before choosing yours, we'll give you a definitive list of the best web hosting you can get.
Your web hosting service will give you the tools to help you build the best website possible for your online business or hobby and make it accessible on the internet. The most comprehensive providers will offer a whole range of services: dedicated servers and management, website creator wizards, companion email addresses, hosting for WordPress-built sites and more.
Choosing the right web hosting is the foundation for any successful online business. Whether you're a newbie producing your first website for a growing audience or a seasoned veteran researching providers for the next big thing, you've come to the best resource on the web for choosing the best web hosting service.
Best overall web hosting provider
Wordpress hosting: Yes | Business hosting: Yes | Web design services: Yes | 24x7-US-based support: Yes
at InMotion Hosting
- Excellent performance great tech support CPanel and Softaculous-powered hosting
- This popular web host is a respected and professional operation that has been in business for over 15 years, with an impressive array of plans on offer including shared hosting which starts from just a few dollars per month.
- What’s also good to see is that InMotion Hosting bundles some pretty neat extras into its plans – services that other providers often charge extra for – including the likes of malware and DDoS protection, ‘spam-safe’ email and a system of basic backups, with plans starting from $3.99 per month.
- InMotion provides both cPanel and Softaculous panels with its hosting, and another strong suit is some top-notch technical support should you get stuck with anything. In our testing, we found that this firm’s overall performance levels were well above average, which is good news for those who want to see fast-loading websites.
- In short, there’s a great deal to like here and some tempting pricing, with the icing on the cake being a 90-day money-back guarantee should you fail to be satisfied with the service.
Best for WordPress
Unmetered bandwidth: Yes | WooCommerce hosting: Yes | Free domain: Yes | 24x7-US-based support: Yes
- 25% OFF
- BlueHost Basic
- LOW STOCK
- BlueHost Choice Plus
- User-friendly yet powerful automated setup for WordPressBasic website builder included
- Bluehost is a hosting company based in Utah which is owned by web giant Endurance International Group (EIG). It offers basic shared hosting from $2.95 monthly (on a three-year contract), with WordPress plans to start at $20 per month (although that’s also a discounted introductory rate).
- For the money, you get automated setup for WordPress, not to mention other popular apps via a Mojo Marketplace-powered system. There’s also a cPanel-based area to allow expert users to tweak things.
- Furthermore, Bluehost provides a Weebly-based website builder. This is a basic browser-based affair that lets you create a website of up to six pages, and there are no extras like site templates included. But still, it’s better than nothing, and more functionality is in the pipeline – plus you get this builder with the basic account.
- There’s also good customer support on offer, and the end result is a mix of user-friendly aspects alongside a good amount of power and potential tweaking for more advanced users.
I hope this post will help you in purchasing the right hosting.